Here’s my mom! I love her!
This blog is dedicated to finding my mom’s biological family. I will be recording any kind of findings, dna matches, records that may help, non-id info, etc. I am currently STUCK. Lots of close DNA matches but the families are all very large. Please keep reading for non-ID info of birth parents.
If you have any information or would be willing to help in our search please contact me. Email: BornInNewOrleans@gmail.com
What We Know…
- Adult Adoptee Name: Kyndall
- DOB: October 5, 1968
- Place of Birth: New Orleans, Louisiana
- Placing Agency: Protestant Home for Babies
Birth Mother Info:
- Name: Mary Sue Blackwell
- Father of Mary: Joseph Edgar Blackwell
- Mother of Mary: Cloanah Lehr
- Birthplace: Mississippi
- Lived in Louisiana at time of adoption.
- Got married in Orange County, Texas in March of 1969 to Roger Dale Graves
- Age at birth of child: 18
- Eye Color: Green
- Hair Color: Light Brown
- Complexion: Fair
- Education: High School Graduate – Central High School in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- The Adoption Petition record reports provided the following information on the birth family. Birth mother was eighteen years old. She was described as a girl of average height and weight and made a nice appearance. She was quite attractive and seemed to be a girl of average or better intelligence. Birth mother’s family always lived in a small town where her father, a storekeeper, died at the age of sixty. Birth mother was fourteen years of age when her mother remarried. Birth mother’s mother was age fifty when she remarried and was a housewife. She married a childless widower and the family moved to a larger city. Birth mother went on to complete high school. Birth mother had an older brother who was twenty-five years old and married; and a younger brother who was fourteen years old and in school.
Birth Father Info:
- Age at birth of child: 19
- Height: 6′
- Eye Color: Brown
- Hair Color: Light Brown
- Race: Caucasian
- Education: College Student
- Birth father was nineteen years old, and a college student whom she dated a few times. He was nearly six feet tall, average height, weight, brown eyes and light brown hair. According to the information provided, he was not aware of the pregnancy, nor his parents.
***Based on DNA, I can assume the birth father is of German descent and had/has family living in Texas. Surnames associated with birth father: Lang, Klein, Fritz, Kunz, Brinkrolf***
Are you related to my mom? Compare on gedmatch.com – her kit number is A875112
Thanks for your blog. I am trying to find my birth mom too. I find your posts helpful as I’m just getting started in the process..
Hello, I have been watching and re watching your tutorial videos. I am helping my adoptee friend locate his birth parents. I have a question, if his DNA is linked to his closest match (predicted and cousin) whu wouldnt I get any shared ancestors? Its been 2 days. I think I may have done something incorrectly.
It’s possible the tree isn’t worked back far enough or the tree for his cousin is inaccurate.
Hello….This all sounds familiar. Where was the adopted parents location at time of birth? I am now 49 yrs of age since yesterday when it was birthday 12-27-68. I’m currently living in utah my number is 504 424 1101